The Bank of America is the second-largest bank in the US and one of the top ten largest globally, Bank of America is a financial services titan that provides a wide assortment of retail, business, and investment banking services to over 66 million customers across the globe.
- Low monthly maintenance fees and minimum opening deposits.
- Very familiar with opening accounts for foreigners.
- Lots of international partner ATMs.
- Monthly fee $4.95 - 3% Int'l card payment cost.
- Relatively high foreign transaction fees.
TD Bank provides Simple, Convenience, and Beyond checking accounts that differ in perks, monthly fees, interest, and sign-up bonuses. TD Bank checking accounts give customers access to a large East Coast-based network of branches and ATMs. There’s either a minimum daily balance requirement or a monthly fee for checking with TD Bank’s three general options. Accounts are available in Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
- Low minimum daily balance requirement—plus, great discounts.
- No monthly maintenance fee with a $100 minimum daily balance, plus great discounts.
- Free incoming wires and reimbursement for 1 outgoing wire (domestic or international) per statement cycle.
- No ATM fees with a $2,500 minimum daily balance.
- $0 Minimum opening deposit.
- Online & Mobile Banking.
- Monthly fee.