Wise isn't a bank in the US but a money transfer operator that's well-known for offering some of the cheapest international transfers globally. However, in addition to money transfers, Wise also offers a Multi-Currency Account, a low-cost foreign currency spending account, and a Visa debit card.
Even without a US residence, the Wise Account gives you US checking details.
- A debit card to spend in 50+ currencies, including US dollars.
- You can use this account to get paid by employers in US dollars. - Send money domestically within the US.
- The Wise debit card is accepted worldwide.
- Local bank details are not just in the US, but also in the UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Romania, Canada, and Hungary.
- The fee to receive wire transfers (domestic and international) is $7.50 per transaction.
- Incoming payments can only be in US dollars, no other currency will be accepted.
- Incoming domestic transfers take 2 to 3 working days to arrive in the account, while international transfers take 4 to 5 days.
- You can't yet set up a direct debit.
Globalfy operates on a global level, providing banking services to customers all around the world. It allows you to open a US bank account online without having to visit any physical branch or contact any rep.
- Takes less than 24 hours during working days for bank account applications to be approved by Globalfy.
- No initial deposit or minimum initial balance. - account can be opened online, and you won’t have to worry about delays in payments or deposits.
- Globalfy Visa debit cards carry no fees to the users and can be swiped in more than 50 million businesses around the world.
- SSN is not Required.