Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
Wells Fargo review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
Relay review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
Relay is powerful (and free) business banking designed to help grow your business. This free online business account is a good fit for companies that want to integrate their banking and cash management services.
- No monthly fees or minimum balance requirements.
- No overdraft fees, unlimited transactions, and free incoming wire transfers.
- Business owners can have up to 20 business checking accounts and 50 Mastercard® debit cards (virtual or physical).
- Ability to set transaction and withdrawal limits on employee debit cards.
- Cannot deposit cash or order checks.
- Long hold time for deposited checks (up to 6-7 business days).