Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
Wells Fargo review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
Payoneer review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
Payoneer offers your business a multi-currency account to pay and get paid globally, as easily as you can locally. This all-in-one account gives you everything you need to get paid by your international clients and global marketplaces, pay your suppliers, and invest in growing your business.
- Global access.
- Low fees.
- Withdraw your earnings locally.
- Pay your global suppliers. contractors and business expenses.
- Licensed and regulated by multiple government regulators.
- Get paid in multiple currencies.
- High card transaction fees.
- It adds a currency conversion charge of 2% for international transactions.
- It also charges an annual fee for the usage of Mastercard.