Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
Novel Financial, Inc. is a financial technology company and is not a bank. Banking services provided by Blue Ridge Bank; Member FDIC. provides a Global Business Bank Account in Minutes in multi-currency wallets, transfers in 140+ currencies.
- No minimum balance or minimum transaction requirements.
- Zero fees on domestic ACH, wire, and international wires for Novel Plus plan members.
- Virtual cards are issued instantly.
- Deposit Checks Anywhere.
- Eligible to US Residents and non-residents.