Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
The NorthOne business bank account is a worthwhile option for any small business owner looking for an online business checking account. For a $10 monthly fee, NorthOne offers unlimited fee-free transactions, fee-free in-network ATM access, and a variety of digital tools.
- Unlimited fee-free transactions.
- No NorthOne fees when you use a Mastercard Cirrus or MoneyPass ATM; ability to deposit cash through the Green Dot network.
- Digital banking tools include unlimited Envelopes, bill pay, and expense management.
- Integrate with business tools, including QuickBooks, Shopify, Stripe, Square, and Expensify.
- Access customer support via in-app live chat, phone, or email with extended hours.
- $10 monthly fee, with no options to waive.
- You may incur ATM fees from the ATM owner-operator, even when in-network.
- Cash deposits at Green Dot locations incur a fee of up to $4.95 per deposit.
- Can’t send or receive international wires.
- High fees, and low limits for cash deposits.