Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
Wells Fargo review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
Globalfy review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
Globalfy operates on a global level, providing banking services to customers all around the world. It allows you to open a US bank account online without having to visit any physical branch or contact any rep.
- Takes less than 24 hours during working days for bank account applications to be approved by Globalfy.
- No initial deposit or minimum initial balance. - account can be opened online, and you won’t have to worry about delays in payments or deposits.
- Globalfy Visa debit cards carry no fees to the users and can be swiped in more than 50 million businesses around the world.
- SSN is not Required.