Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
Chase Business Complete Checking is a digital-friendly account from a traditional bank — ideal for small-business owners who want branch access.
- No overdraft fees, spend only what you have.
- No fees on money orders or cashier’s checks.
- No fees when you cash checks, send money using Zelle, or use a Chase ATM.
- No fees to pay bills with Chase Online SM Bill Pay.
- No minimum deposit to get started.
- $4.95 Monthly Service Fee.