Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
Wells Fargo review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.
Axos Bank review for non-residents without SSN
Can Apply Online?
Axos Bank is one of the oldest online-only banks around. Formed in 2000, it continues to grow, offering full-service banking for individuals and businesses. This in-depth review of one of the online banking industry leaders will give you insight into the accounts and services available through Axos Bank and whether it’s the right bank for you.
- Full-Service Banking.
- ATM Fee Reimbursements.
- No monthly fees.
- Offers Rewards and CashBack checking options.
- Pay competitive interest rates on its savings products.
- No Physical Branches.
- Average CD Rates.
- Lower Savings Rates.