The NorthOne business bank account is a worthwhile option for any small business owner looking for an online business checking account. For a $10 monthly fee, NorthOne offers unlimited fee-free transactions, fee-free in-network ATM access, and a variety of digital tools.
- Unlimited fee-free transactions.
- No NorthOne fees when you use a Mastercard Cirrus or MoneyPass ATM; ability to deposit cash through the Green Dot network.
- Digital banking tools include unlimited Envelopes, bill pay, and expense management.
- Integrate with business tools, including QuickBooks, Shopify, Stripe, Square, and Expensify.
- Access customer support via in-app live chat, phone, or email with extended hours.
- $10 monthly fee, with no options to waive.
- You may incur ATM fees from the ATM owner-operator, even when in-network.
- Cash deposits at Green Dot locations incur a fee of up to $4.95 per deposit.
- Can’t send or receive international wires.
- High fees, and low limits for cash deposits.
Wise isn't a bank in the US but a money transfer operator that's well-known for offering some of the cheapest international transfers globally. However, in addition to money transfers, Wise also offers a Multi-Currency Account, a low-cost foreign currency spending account, and a Visa debit card.
Even without a US residence, the Wise Account gives you US checking details.
- A debit card to spend in 50+ currencies, including US dollars.
- You can use this account to get paid by employers in US dollars. - Send money domestically within the US.
- The Wise debit card is accepted worldwide.
- Local bank details are not just in the US, but also in the UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Romania, Canada, and Hungary.
- The fee to receive wire transfers (domestic and international) is $7.50 per transaction.
- Incoming payments can only be in US dollars, no other currency will be accepted.
- Incoming domestic transfers take 2 to 3 working days to arrive in the account, while international transfers take 4 to 5 days.
- You can't yet set up a direct debit.