Mercury is an online banking platform that includes both a business checking account and a business savings account with no monthly fees. Designed with startups in mind.
- No monthly fees, transaction fees, or minimum opening deposit.
- Free domestic and international wire transfers.
- Access to over 55,000 fee-free ATMs to withdraw cash through the Allpoint network.
- Advanced digital tools including API access to automate and customize your banking.
- Not available to sole proprietors.
- Can’t accommodate cash deposits.
- Low savings account rate.
Wells Fargo offers a large network of branches, many ATMs, and a variety of financial products. Monthly fees on basic bank accounts can be easily waived, but savings rates tend to be low. If you have a high enough balance across eligible accounts, you could receive upgrades on interest rates (but they’re still lower than the national average). Wells Fargo may be a good fit if you’re looking for a large network of branches and ATM access is important to you.
- Account: Everyday Checking.
- US residence required: Yes (though not necessarily primary residence).
- SSN/ITIN required: Only for US citizens.
- No minimum daily balance required - Outgoing int'l wire cost: $30 plus an additional 4%-10% (depending on the currency)
Yields on certificates of deposit and savings accounts are low, like many big banks.
There is an out-of-network ATM fee of $2.50 for checking account customers.
The money market account has a steeper monthly fee if a specified balance isn’t maintained.
Wells Fargo still charges a $35 fee for over-drafting your account on most of its checking accounts.