Axos Bank is one of the oldest online-only banks around. Formed in 2000, it continues to grow, offering full-service banking for individuals and businesses. This in-depth review of one of the online banking industry leaders will give you insight into the accounts and services available through Axos Bank and whether it’s the right bank for you.
- Full-Service Banking.
- ATM Fee Reimbursements.
- No monthly fees.
- Offers Rewards and CashBack checking options.
- Pay competitive interest rates on its savings products.
- No Physical Branches.
- Average CD Rates.
- Lower Savings Rates.
Wise isn't a bank in the US but a money transfer operator that's well-known for offering some of the cheapest international transfers globally. However, in addition to money transfers, Wise also offers a Multi-Currency Account, a low-cost foreign currency spending account, and a Visa debit card.
Even without a US residence, the Wise Account gives you US checking details.
- A debit card to spend in 50+ currencies, including US dollars.
- You can use this account to get paid by employers in US dollars. - Send money domestically within the US.
- The Wise debit card is accepted worldwide.
- Local bank details are not just in the US, but also in the UK, EU, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Romania, Canada, and Hungary.
- The fee to receive wire transfers (domestic and international) is $7.50 per transaction.
- Incoming payments can only be in US dollars, no other currency will be accepted.
- Incoming domestic transfers take 2 to 3 working days to arrive in the account, while international transfers take 4 to 5 days.
- You can't yet set up a direct debit.